Refer to Changing Materials: Overview for required tools and accessories, as well as the procedure for initiating a material change in the NCUI.
Remote pumping materials remained installed on the remote pumping assembly during local pumping use, so no new remote pumping cartridge needs to be installed after local cartridge removal. If a new remote pumping cartridge is desired, follow steps outlined in 'Changing Materials: Remote to Remote'.
Always wear proper PPE (gloves and safety glasses) when coming in contact with materials.
- Access the local pumping assembly on the printhead through the front door of the printer. Note the locations of the 4x print material inputs, as shown below.
- Locate material that needs to be changed and loosen the cartridge retainer cap by twisting it counterclockwise on the cartridge retainer, and lifting it up at the alignment slots.
- Remove the cartridge retainer cap (with tubing) from the solenoid locations corresponding to the material pump that will be used with remote pumping.
Push down the quick release fitting by the grip section to release the tubing from the local pumping assembly.
Place with other ActiveLab™ accessories.
- Using an adjustable wrench, loosen the inlet fitting at the base of the 6oz cartridge by turning counterclockwise until it can be removed from the connector, then immediately flip cartridge retainer (with cartridge inside) onto its wide end to avoid material dripping.
- Remove the inlet fitting from the used 6oz cartridge and soak in solvent for at least 5 minutes prior to placing with other ActiveLab™ accessories.
- Remove cartridge from cartridge retainer, and place cartridge retainer with other ActiveLab™ accessories.
If 6oz cartridge is empty, dispose of it in a hazardous waste location.
To save for later, locate the 6oz cartridge lid and outlet cap, secure onto cartridge, and place in an appropriate environment dictated by material storage standards.
- Remove the correct material hose from the hose clamp on the roof of the printer, loosen and remove the inlet fitting plug from the end of the hose by turning counter-clockwise while holding the fitting.
Route the hose fitting to the local pumping location vacated by the 6oz cartridge.
Immediately tightening the hose fitting onto the correct local pumping location with an adjustable wrench by turning clockwise while holding the male fitting in place.
Soak inlet fitting plug in solvent for at least 5 minutes prior to placing with other ActiveLab™ accessories.
- Check that the cartridge retainer cap is attached to the cartridge retainer on the remote pumping assembly, and that the ball valve lever is set to the vertical position.
- If print material is changed from extrusion material to spray material, navigate to the manual tab and incrementally jog the correct material axis 200 mL (200,000 uL) after bringing the nozzle to the nest.
- Material pressures will activate when front and side door is closed and a print is commenced. Ensure that the proper pumping mode is set in the settings tab of the NCUI.